WE FIXED THAT.
Machines has always had one goal: to fix womxn's gear that doesn't function, fit, or flatter. Next up on our list? The base layer. Most layers are too tight across the bust and bunch up when tucked into bibs creating bulges and wrinkles around the hips. And yet, base layers are a key staple in any rider's cycling wardrobe for their cooling benefits and temperature moderation.
For our latest drop, we fixed the base layer. The Luxe Cropped Base is designed to slip seamlessly into cycling bibs, shorts, or pants. The cropped cut hits just below the natural waist, creating a figure-flattering shape that tucks easily without any bulging, scrunching, or bunching. Machines' newest Better Than Skin fabric is unique, providing a super sleek, silky hand feel that glides easily under outer layers and wicks moisture away from the skin for a cooling feeling on year-round rides. The four-way stretch, high-gauge fabric provides impressive compression as well as UPF 50+ sun protection to keep your chest protected from the sun's rays when your jersey is open.
In sleeveless and long sleeve options, The Luxe Cropped Base is the ultimate layer for staying cool and comfortable on rides all year round. On hot summer days, sweat is whisked off of the skin to keep you dry. In cooler weather, less sweat means no damp fabrics that make you feel colder. What we love most is the silk-like feeling that hugs the body and makes any kit combo feel luxurious.
- Super soft, silk-like Better Than Skin fabric is designed to wick moisture away from the skin for a cooling, quick-drying effect.
- High-gauge for excellent compression and abrasion resistance.
- Flattering, cropped cut hits just below the natural waist to avoid bunching and scrunching when tucked into compressive bottom layers like bib shorts and cycling pants.
- Elegant center logo provides high-power visibility on the darkest nights, but a subtle and stealth appearance during the day.
- Fantastic fit with 4-Way stretch developed to hug curvier figures.
- UPF 50+ Sun Protection
- The Long Sleeve Base sleeves are tailored to provide perfect coverage in riding position.
Size & Fit
|BUST (in)||WAIST (in)||HIPS (in)|
|XXS||29.5 - 31||21.5 - 23.5||32 - 34|
|XS||31 - 33||23.5 - 25. 5||34 - 36|
|S||33 - 35||25.5 - 27.5||36 - 39|
|M||35 - 37||27.5 - 30.5||39 - 42|
|L||37 - 40||30.5 - 33.5||42 - 45|
|XL||40 - 43||33.5 - 36.5||45 - 48|
|XXL||43 - 47||36.5 - 39.5||48 - 51|
|XXXL||47 - 50.5||39.5 - 42.5||51 - 54|
Notes about fit
- For cycling tops, the BUST MEASUREMENT is the most crucial factor.
- Measure around the WIDEST POINT of the bust, not the ribcage.
- If you are petite or prefer a compressive fit, we recommend SIZING DOWN.
- A snug fit is crucial to performance.
Check out our FIT GUIDE for more detailed instructions, or pop your measurements into the fit calculator above for a personalized recommendation!
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Love the fit, cut, and material! Bought the tank and long sleeve and have worn one or the other on every ride since. The tank is great for anytime (especially on its own on my trainer!), and the long sleeve is perfect underneath the summerweight long sleeve jerseys for extending their life into the fall. 10/10 would buy again!
I am in love with this base. I recently moved to a cooler climate, and the sleeveless baselayer has become my go-to for not feeling like a puddle of freezing sweat on the downhills. Keeps you dry and fits really well under bibs. The only complaint I have is that in the long sleeve version the sleeves were too loose, so I am going to try a size down for the LS version.
You Might Like These
Essential Cycling Short
Essential Cycling Pant
Logo Bottle Set
Shipping & Returns
Shopping for cycling clothes isn’t easy so we took the risk out of shopping online.
FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING
Get your order within 1-4 business days, even to Hawaii and Alaska.
FREE DOMESTIC RETURNS
Don’t love it? No problem. A pre-paid return label is included in every shipment.
We ship worldwide! Free for orders over $500.