Essential for every adventure.
Inspired by our best-selling Essential Short, The Essential Cycling Pant is a full-length cycling legging designed for long rides. We challenged ourselves to create the highest-performing cycling pant for women without the need for bib straps that some riders find uncomfortable or inconvenient. And it was a challenge! Most non-bib products available for women are prone to a couple of common issues: they dig in at our soft midsections, begin to slip and sag after a few hours in the saddle, and most frustrating of all, allow the chamois to shift against the saddle which can cause saddle sores, chafing, and discomfort.
Our solution? A highly compressive cycling pant that stays put and performs at the highest level, yet provides easy access for mid-ride bathroom breaks. The super flattering, yoga-inspired waistband stays up all day without squeezing or pinching, and mesh paneling at the back of the knee provides ventilation as well as chic style lines.
The Essential Cycling Pant is our newest staple in Machines' All Day Compression Fabric, made for all-day wear, and features our fan-favorite chamois graded for 6+ hours in the saddle. As always, we put fit first and this product was developed to perform at every shape, with sizing from X-Small through XXX-Large.
- The 27" Inseam makes for a versatile fit on many body shapes. The Essential Pant hits slightly above the ankle on taller riders, and full length on those who are petite.
- Machines' All Day Compression fabric is a soft, matte, and supports the body's curves with mid-level compression. It offers less compression than our Signature Compression fabric, for a slightly more forgiving wear.
- The Essential Pant features the same fan-favorite chamois as Machines’ iconic Endurance Bib. It’s graded for 6+ hours in the saddle, bacteriostatic to inhibit infections, and wide enough for most women’s sit bones.
- The yoga-inspired waistband is revolutionary: compressive enough to stay up without sagging, but soft enough to eliminate elastic bands that dig when in the riding position.
- Machines’ iconic paneled construction combines style and a flattering sleek silhouette.
- UPF 50+ Sun Protection
- Highest quality European fabric is compressive, moisture-wicking, and silky soft to the touch.
Size & Fit
|WAIST (in)||HIPS (in)|
|XS||23.5 - 25.5||
34 - 36
|S||25.5 - 27.5||
36 - 39
|M||27.5 - 30.5||
39 - 42
|L||30.5 - 33.5||
42 - 45
|XL||33.5 - 36.5||
45 - 48
|XXL||36.5 - 39.5||
48 - 51
|XXXL||39.5 - 42.5||
51 - 54
Notes about fit
- For cycling bibs and shorts, the HIP MEASUREMENT is the most crucial factor.
- Measure around the WIDEST POINT of the hips/bum.
- If you are between sizes or petite (5'3" or under), we recommend SIZING DOWN for a compressive fit.
- A snug fit is crucial to performance.
- Check out our FIT GUIDE for more detailed instructions, or pop your measurements into the fit calculator above for a personalized recommendation! (Please note, the fit guide requires chest, waist and hip measurements.)
- Ultra high density ischiatic inserts will stay comfortable for up to 6 hours in the saddle. Positioning works for all sit bones widths.
- Thermo-molded design makes this chamois look, and feel, less bulky.
- High density ‘pelvic track’ insert shaped for a woman’s anatomy.
- Extremely soft and breathable fabric. Polymide-carbon threading makes the fabric ultra fast drying, bacteriostatic, and reduces heat gain during long hours in the saddle.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Great pants for a morning ride when it is 46 degrees out and you want a good hill-climbing workout.
Great fit, easier for "breaks" than bibs. I expected them to roll and shift a little but they never budged the duration of the Festive 500! Chamois is barely visible and the construction it not restrictive in any noticable way.
5'5" and 186 pounds here in the XL: they do roll down a little. I don't know why I thought they wouldn't, maybe I should have tried the 2X? But I was being stubborn. And still am - I am FEELIN' myself in these! I overheat pretty easily so put off investing in a pant for awhile, but ride at night more often these days and felt like treating myself. Definitely convinced me to get the bib version that will stay put 100%. The bit of rolling isn't a dealbreaker for me. I love the compression thru the leg and my big booty looks bangin'. No lie: I ride .5 MPH faster when I wear MFF.
The tights are great once you're on the bike but found the chamois seam uncomfortable when walking around/not riding. Overall great for on the bike though!
The pant fits me perfectly and is the most comfortable chamois I have owned. I am 5'4'' and 122 pounds. I live in Southern California, and this style works great for the cooler winter days. I am so happy that I decided to purchase.
You Might Like These
BUILD YOUR KIT: ROKA x MACHINES
Build Your Kit: PEBBLE FAVORITES
Build Your Kit: Accessory Pack in Palmera
Build Your Kit: Indoor Cycling Essentials with Shorts
Essential Cycling Short
The Summerweight Long Sleeve in Moonlight
Build Your Kit: Pebble Edition
Build Your Kit: Jaded SPF Kit
Shipping & Returns
Shopping for cycling clothes isn’t easy so we took the risk out of shopping online.
FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING
Get your order within 1-4 business days, even to Hawaii and Alaska.
FREE DOMESTIC RETURNS
Don’t love it? No problem. A pre-paid return label is included in every shipment.
We ship worldwide! Free for orders over $500.