Sr. Product Developer & Fit Specialist
We are looking for an efficient, seasoned, developer with fit experience in both standard and extended plus sizing. The ideal candidate has a can-do attitude and is passionate about building a product line focused on performance and shape-inclusive fit for women.
This candidate will drive the development process and be the link between Design and Production, ensuring that all designs are translated and delivered on time, within budget, and meet the high expectations that the Machines customer expects.
This candidate will engage in idea generation, fabric / trim sourcing and development, specify garment construction and testing, and will maintain strict deadlines acting as the direct Machines contact for all mills and vendors.
Machines For Freedom is a women’s performance apparel brand that launched in 2014 and quickly became a “brand to watch”. This is a rare opportunity to work with a quickly growing brand and directly influence change within the cycling, fitness, and outdoor industries.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Design and Production teams to determine sourcing strategy for the each season.
- Author and maintain the seasonal critical path including raw material management and prototype approval deadlines.
- Support the design team by offering options and opportunities of how to innovate product in quality and capability.
- Be integral in the costing processes during the development phase, giving updates to relevant peers.
- Assist in sourcing and developing all fabrics and trims to support designers’ vision.
- Be the main MFF point of contact for vendors and mills during development stages.
- Produce accurate product specifications and ensure they are maintained.
- Archive of samples, notes, trims after each season.
- Manage and ensure each prototype and sales sample is delivered on time.
- Collaborate with Production department in sourcing of new factories.
- Organize and attend fittings, manage fit notes, and help to send out updated tech packs to the factories.
- Help to ensure fit is to the MFF standard; pattern experience is a plus.
Who you are and the skills you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years experience in apparel product development
- Previous experience working with compression knits and active apparel.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, balance creativity with technical capability, and interpret design sketches
- Knowledge of technical design, apparel construction, garment fitting, material construction, and grading
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven skill at problem-solving and product innovation
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team oriented, environment
- Ability to create full, detailed, tech packs
- Extremely honest and trustworthy with highest integrity
- Ability to write product specs
- Experience and familiarity with overseas manufacturing
- Working knowledge of personal computers (Excel and Adobe Creative Suite)
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilizing various transportation (if needed)
- Experience in technical outerwear and cycling apparel a plus!
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and 3-5 work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
MACHINES FOR FREEDOM is located in Los Angeles, CA with design support taking place in Oakland, CA. The ideal candidate will be based in the LA area or Oakland / Bay Area.
This is a contract position, with potential to grow into full-time work. Estimated 25-30 hours per week to start.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer, with a diverse staff, and we welcome fresh ideas and perspectives to the team. Underrepresented voices are strongly encouraged to apply!
MACHINES FOR FREEDOM is a subsidiary of Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc. As an employee of the organization, this role is eligible for all Specialized employee benefits including health care and 401k benefits.