MACHINES FOR FREEDOM “TREAT YOURSELF” GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Machines for Freedom “Treat Yourself” Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, officers and agents of the Sponsor, its corporate partners, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors in interest, advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, Sweepstakes prize providers and those involved with the administration, development, fulfillment or execution of the Sweepstakes, and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling), are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on November 20, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on December 19, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: INSTAGRAM: During the Sweepstakes Period, look for Sponsor’s Sweepstakes post from “machinesforfreedom” inviting followers to enter for a chance to win a prize. “LIKE” Sponsor’s Sweepstakes post that includes the hashtag #Sweepstakes and post on Instagram how you will “treat yourself” during the holiday season using the #machinestreats hashtag (“Entry”). You must be a registered user of Instagram and follow @machinesforfreedom on Instagram in order to enter the Sweepstakes on Instagram. Instagram registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.Instagram.com and following the online instructions to open an account.
If entering with a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
All Entries must be received and recorded during the Sweepstakes Period. No other forms of entry are valid. Limit one (1) Entry per person. See Appendix A for additional Entry Guidelines. Entry must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any Entry for violation of these Official Rules and may, at its sole discretion, reject, delete, or otherwise exclude an Entry for any reason, including without limitation, if the Entry contains any Prohibited Content (as defined in Appendix A) or any other commentary or material which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate.
- SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING: Two (2) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about December 20, 2019 from among all eligible Entries received by Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Two (2) prizes will be awarded. Potential winners will be notified via direct message on Instagram and will be required to respond to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours indicating whether he/she can accept the prize. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification within the forty-eight (48) hour time period, prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Any alternate potential winner selected will also be required to respond to the notification within the time frame stated above.
Potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, unless prohibited by law, publicity release to Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative within forty-eight (48) hours of prize acceptance. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, including verification that the winner is eighteen (18) years of age or older, the potential winner will be declared the official winner of the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor cannot verify that the potential winner is eighteen (18) years of age or older prior to winner notification, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
In the event of noncompliance within any stated time period, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Any alternate potential winner selected will also be required to adhere to the time periods described herein. Any prize notification or prize returned to the Sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the awarding of that prize to an alternate potential winner.
Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless, or land-line phone service or a change in an entrant’s email, phone number or mailing address which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification or his/her prize information.
- PRIZE DETAILS: First Prize (1 total): One (1) Full Machines For Freedom Kit, consisting of one (1) jersey and one (1) bib short. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $353.00. If winner cannot accept the prize as specified, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
Second Prize (1 total): One (1) Machines For Freedom Jacket. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $215.00. If winner cannot accept the prize as specified, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the prizes, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes he/she receives, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. Sponsor (a) makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the prize (or any portion thereof), and (b) disclaims any implied warranty.
If Sponsor so elects, potential winners may be required to submit to a confidential background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal, sexual offenses, or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that the potential winner will not bring the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor. If requested, the potential winner agrees to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. In the event of noncompliance, to be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor, prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered Entries, email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Sponsor’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such Entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Should any portion of Sweepstakes be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and determine the winner from valid, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding Entries received from multiple users having the same Instagram account, the authorized subscriber of the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the Instagram account by the organization responsible for assigning the Instagram account. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Entrants agree (a) that Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, wholesale distributors, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, copyright infringement or portrayal in a false light resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity, and (b) winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing) and those acting pursuant to its authority to use his/her name, submitted biography, voice and/or likeness and prize information, and/or Entry (and assign the Entry, which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade and Sweepstakes purposes without further compensation, at any times or time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval.
- PUBLICITY AND COPYRIGHT LICENSE: You grant Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferrable right and license to exploit your Entry (including, without limitation, your name and likeness and the names and likenesses of any and all persons in the Entry, and any intellectual property rights (e.g. copyright, trademark, etc.) contained in the Entry) in any media now or hereafter known, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party, for any purpose, including, without limitation, your Entry and any person’s property (physical, personal, intellectual property rights, and indicia) contained therein. The foregoing grant includes, without limitation, the right to reproduce, display, distribute, publicly perform, create derivative works of, alter, amend, broadcast, edit, publish, use, merchandise, license, sublicense, and adapt the Entry in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world, for any purpose, whether commercial in nature or otherwise, including in contexts and circumstances that result in your Entry being associated with a particular Sponsor or Sponsors. Accordingly, you hereby waive any objection to, such use including without limitation, distribution, reproduction, creation of derivative works of, public performance, or display of your Entry, and any claim for compensation whatsoever in connection therewith. Such waiver shall include any claim for infringement of any so-called “Moral Right,” “Droit Moral” or similar right or interest.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. The place of arbitration shall be San Jose, California.
- WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, send a direct message to the MachinesforFreedom Instagram account and include “Machines for Freedom “Treat Yourself” Giveaway Winner’s List Request” by January 31, 2020.
- SPONSOR: Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc., as owner and operator of the brand Machines for Freedom, located at 15130 Concord Circle, Morgan Hill, CA 95037. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Instagram.
ENTRY GUIDELINES & PROHIBITED CONTENT
Entries must meet the following requirements:
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the World in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose.
- Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain an image of anyone under 18 years of age; (e) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Machines for Freedom), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (f) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (g) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; or (h) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
- Each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is his/her original work, published; (b) has not received previous awards; and (c) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- Any entrant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner.
- Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or on the Website, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
- Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
- Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By participating, you acknowledge that your Entry may be used in Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries are the views/opinions of the individual entrant and do not reflect the views of the Sponsor in any manner. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit.