Brand Storyteller: Social Media Manager & Content Designer
We are looking for an ambitious collaborator and visual story-teller to develop, execute, and deliver digital content across all channels. The ideal candidate is passionate about bikes, fitness, and the outdoors, and driven to uplift under-represented stories and showcasing the active outdoors space for what it is - diverse and communal.
This candidate will play a key role in the success of our outbound marketing campaigns and should have experience in graphic design as well as narrative story-telling and social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook. You will work closely with our Founder and Product Development teams to develop stories and content that personalize the brand and connect our work with the outdoor and fitness communities.
Machines For Freedom is a women’s performance apparel brand that launched in 2014 and quickly became a “brand to watch”. This is a rare opportunity to work with a quickly growing brand and directly influence change within the cycling, fitness, and outdoor industries.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with leadership to develop our annual content calendar and execute on those content deliverables. Must demonstrate a knack for balancing product-driven content with community-driven content, and creating compelling stories that drive engagement across social media and web platforms.
- Serve as editor-in-chief for all content to ensure quality, clarity, and consistency.
- Collect, monitor, and analyze social and website metrics, advising leadership on opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Work directly with third-party digital marketing agencies on ad development and optimization, developing campaigns that deliver on business ROAS and revenue goals.
- Seek-out and collaborate with up-and-coming media talent to produce content that elevates our community as well as achieves business goals.
- Manage an influencer marketing program that reflects the brand’s values, reaches new markets, and uplifts under-represented voices in the outdoor active spaces.
- Create and manage the distribution of content across all channels, including social media, email marketing, and web.
- Manage social channels, including daily posts, commenting and responding to our community, and fielding customer service inquiries.
- Assist Founder with key launch initiatives, including creative brainstorms, drafting of presentations, and photoshoot production.
Who you are and the skills you bring:
- Content creator with minimum 5+ years experience.
- Proven ability to bring ideas to life.
- Highly organized project manager who can wrangle any to-do list and coordinate multi-faceted projects. Ability to break large projects into small, manageable, chunks.
- Strong communicator with a high level of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- An action-orientated self-starter who can move projects forward without continuous motivation or direction.
- Creative and collaborative: ability to nurture ideas and brainstorm with the team.
- Strong copywriting and written communication skills with the ability to convey ideas in the approachable tone of the brand.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and 3-5 work samples to email@example.com
MACHINES FOR FREEDOM is based in Los Angeles, CA.
This is a full-time position that operates remotely. We will consider candidates from across the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer, with a diverse staff, and we welcome fresh ideas and perspectives to the team. Underrepresented voices are strongly encouraged to apply!
MACHINES FOR FREEDOM is a subsidiary of Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc. As an employee of the organization, this role is eligible for all Specialized employee benefits including health care and 401k benefits.