Brand Coordinator & Office Assistant
We are looking for a go-getter and problem-solver who takes pride in crushing a to-do list. The ideal candidate is incredibly organized, excels at working efficiently, and is comfortable working independently.
This candidate will play a key role in keeping our ship sailing smoothly. You will work closely with all members of the team to help us tackle the day-to-day operations of the brand, those lingering tasks we can never find the time to get to, and help us clear out operational bottlenecks within the team.
Machines For Freedom is a women’s performance apparel brand that launched in 2014 and quickly became a “brand to watch”. This is a rare opportunity to work with a quickly growing brand and directly influence change within the cycling, fitness, and outdoor industries.
What you’ll do:
- Assisting our Brand Team with tasks related to photo shoot and video shoot production. Tasks include coordinating usage agreements and contracts, booking travel (when we are able to travel again), and coordinating samples.
- Assist the Product Development team with ordering competitive samples, booking fit models, and coordinating fittings, as needed.
- Owning customer repairs process, including tracking customer repairs, sending them out for repair, and returning repaired garments to the customer.
- Shopify Site Maintenance Help, including new product page set up, copy revisions, uploading imagery, cropping and resizing imagery. Light graphic design skills recommended.
- Participate in Machines For Freedom's customer service channels. This includes answering guest inquiries via email and chat and providing warehouse support as needed. The relationship with our customers is also a vital source of product information and helps guide our product and brand teams on new product opportunities. This position will be responsible for relaying information to the Division Leader and Product + Brand teams, acting as the point of connection between our community and the business.
- Provide administrative support to the Founder including scheduling and shipping.
- Be the point of contact for promo orders issued by Brand and PR teams
- Ordering marketing materials as needed. (postcards, discount cards, gift wrap)
- Provide Office support, including ordering supplies, maintaining the product wall, and assisting with Flash Sales, as needed.
- Process invoices and communicate with accounting as needed to ensure timely delivery of payments.
- Coordinate and ship ambassador kit seeding kits and product samples.
Who you are and the skills you bring:
- Project Manager with 1-3 years experience, preferably in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Proven ability to see projects through to completion without continuous direction.
- Highly organized project manager who can wrangle any to-do list and coordinate multi-faceted projects. Ability to break large projects into small, manageable, chunks.
- An action-orientated self-starter who isn’t afraid to act proactively, jumping in to help where help is needed.
- Experience with Mac & PC, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Microsoft Suite
- Light graphic design skills a plus.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a part-time position with the opportunity to grow into a full-time position.
MACHINES FOR FREEDOM is based in Los Angeles, CA. This position operates out of our Glassell Park headquarters as well as remotely.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer, with a diverse staff, and we welcome fresh ideas and perspectives to the team. Underrepresented voices are strongly encouraged to apply!
MACHINES FOR FREEDOM is a subsidiary of Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc. As an employee of the organization, this role is eligible for all Specialized part-time employee benefits including a 401k.