Essential for every adventure.
Inspired by our best-selling Essential Short, The Essential Cycling Pant is a full-length cycling legging designed for long rides. We challenged ourselves to create the highest-performing cycling pant for women without the need for bib straps that some riders find uncomfortable or inconvenient. And it was a challenge! Most non-bib products available for women are prone to a couple of common issues: they dig in at our soft midsections, begin to slip and sag after a few hours in the saddle, and most frustrating of all, allow the chamois to shift against the saddle which can cause saddle sores, chafing, and discomfort.
Our solution? A highly compressive cycling pant that stays put and performs at the highest level, yet provides easy access for mid-ride bathroom breaks. The super flattering, yoga-inspired waistband stays up all day without squeezing or pinching, and mesh paneling at the back of the knee provides ventilation as well as chic style lines.
The Essential Cycling Pant is our newest staple in Machines' All Day Compression Fabric, made for all-day wear, and features our fan-favorite chamois graded for 6+ hours in the saddle. As always, we put fit first and this product was developed to perform at every shape, with sizing from X-Small through XXX-Large.
- The 27" Inseam makes for a versatile fit on many body shapes. The Essential Pant hits slightly above the ankle on taller riders, and full length on those who are petite.
- Machines' All Day Compression fabric is a soft, matte, and supports the body's curves with mid-level compression. It offers less compression than our Signature Compression fabric, for a slightly more forgiving wear.
- The Essential Pant features the same fan-favorite chamois as Machines’ iconic Endurance Bib. It’s graded for 6+ hours in the saddle, bacteriostatic to inhibit infections, and wide enough for most women’s sit bones.
- The yoga-inspired waistband is revolutionary: compressive enough to stay up without sagging, but soft enough to eliminate elastic bands that dig when in the riding position.
- Machines’ iconic paneled construction combines style and a flattering sleek silhouette.
- UPF 50+ Sun Protection
- Highest quality European fabric is compressive, moisture-wicking, and silky soft to the touch.
Size & Fit
|WAIST (in)||HIPS (in)|
|XS||23.5 - 25.5||
34 - 36
|S||25.5 - 27.5||
36 - 39
|M||27.5 - 30.5||
39 - 42
|L||30.5 - 33.5||
42 - 45
|XL||33.5 - 36.5||
45 - 48
|XXL||36.5 - 39.5||
48 - 51
|XXXL||39.5 - 42.5||
51 - 54
Notes about fit
- For cycling bibs and shorts, the HIP MEASUREMENT is the most crucial factor.
- Measure around the WIDEST POINT of the hips/bum.
- If you are between sizes or petite (5'3" or under), we recommend SIZING DOWN for a compressive fit.
- A snug fit is crucial to performance.
- Check out our FIT GUIDE for more detailed instructions, or pop your measurements into the fit calculator above for a personalized recommendation! (Please note, the fit guide requires chest, waist and hip measurements.)
- Ultra high density ischiatic inserts will stay comfortable for up to 6 hours in the saddle. Positioning works for all sit bones widths.
- Thermo-molded design makes this chamois look, and feel, less bulky.
- High density ‘pelvic track’ insert shaped for a woman’s anatomy.
- Extremely soft and breathable fabric. Polymide-carbon threading makes the fabric ultra fast drying, bacteriostatic, and reduces heat gain during long hours in the saddle.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
As the days transition from warm to cool, I want gear that will keep me not only warm, but supported and comfortable while in the saddle. These certainly do the job. The waistband is smooth, comfy, and stays in place, the chamois provides the right amount of padding right where it's needed, the legs are vented in the right areas to prevent moisture buildup or chafing, and the construction quality is solid. 10/10 recommend.
Great pants. Fit like yoga pants at the waist and are comfortable for long rides. I’m 5’9” 165 lbs and a large fits great.
These pants are over priced and need a drawstring or “something” to keep them up. I am disappointed, and that’s a nice word for it.
Thought I would give them try. The quality was great, but prefer bibs.
So glad that I invested in this!
You Might Like These
Essential Cycling Short
The Most Versatile Pant
Endurance Bib // Tall
Shipping & Returns
Shopping for cycling clothes isn’t easy so we took the risk out of shopping online.
FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING
Get your order within 1-4 business days, even to Hawaii and Alaska.
FREE DOMESTIC RETURNS
Don’t love it? No problem. A pre-paid return label is included in every shipment.
We ship worldwide! Free for orders over $500.