Essential for every adventure.
Inspired by our best-selling Essential Short, The Essential Cycling Pant is a full-length cycling legging designed for long rides. We challenged ourselves to create the highest-performing cycling pant for women without the need for bib straps that some riders find uncomfortable or inconvenient. And it was a challenge! Most non-bib products available for women are prone to a couple of common issues: they dig in at our soft midsections, begin to slip and sag after a few hours in the saddle, and most frustrating of all, allow the chamois to shift against the saddle which can cause saddle sores, chafing, and discomfort.
Our solution? A highly compressive cycling pant that stays put and performs at the highest level, yet provides easy access for mid-ride bathroom breaks. The super flattering, yoga-inspired waistband stays up all day without squeezing or pinching, and mesh paneling at the back of the knee provides ventilation as well as chic style lines.
The Essential Cycling Pant is our newest staple in Machines' All Day Compression Fabric, made for all-day wear, and features our fan-favorite chamois graded for 6+ hours in the saddle. As always, we put fit first and this product was developed to perform at every shape, with sizing from X-Small through XXX-Large.
- The 27" Inseam makes for a versatile fit on many body shapes. The Essential Pant hits slightly above the ankle on taller riders, and full length on those who are petite.
- Machines' All Day Compression fabric is a soft, matte, and supports the body's curves with mid-level compression. It offers less compression than our Signature Compression fabric, for a slightly more forgiving wear.
- The Essential Pant features the same fan-favorite chamois as Machines’ iconic Endurance Bib. It’s graded for 6+ hours in the saddle, bacteriostatic to inhibit infections, and wide enough for most women’s sit bones.
- The yoga-inspired waistband is revolutionary: compressive enough to stay up without sagging, but soft enough to eliminate elastic bands that dig when in the riding position.
- Machines’ iconic paneled construction combines style and a flattering sleek silhouette.
- UPF 50+ Sun Protection
- Highest quality European fabric is compressive, moisture-wicking, and silky soft to the touch.
Size & Fit
|WAIST (in)||HIPS (in)|
|XS||23.5 - 25.5||
34 - 36
|S||25.5 - 27.5||
36 - 39
|M||27.5 - 30.5||
39 - 42
|L||30.5 - 33.5||
42 - 45
|XL||33.5 - 36.5||
45 - 48
|XXL||36.5 - 39.5||
48 - 51
|XXXL||39.5 - 42.5||
51 - 54
Notes about fit
- For cycling bibs and shorts, the HIP MEASUREMENT is the most crucial factor.
- Measure around the WIDEST POINT of the hips/bum.
- If you are between sizes or petite (5'3" or under), we recommend SIZING DOWN for a compressive fit.
- A snug fit is crucial to performance.
- Check out our FIT GUIDE for more detailed instructions, or pop your measurements into the fit calculator above for a personalized recommendation! (Please note, the fit guide requires chest, waist and hip measurements.)
- Ultra high density ischiatic inserts will stay comfortable for up to 6 hours in the saddle. Positioning works for all sit bones widths.
- Thermo-molded design makes this chamois look, and feel, less bulky.
- High density ‘pelvic track’ insert shaped for a woman’s anatomy.
- Extremely soft and breathable fabric. Polymide-carbon threading makes the fabric ultra fast drying, bacteriostatic, and reduces heat gain during long hours in the saddle.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I went with a medium - 5'6" 165lbs with bulky quads and big hips. Tight squeeze to get them on, but the fit is perfect once they are up! Love the waistband and chamois, and will be buying more pairs for winter (plus the shorts for next spring!).
These accomplished everything I wanted from a pair of cycling leggings for the colder months. Full support, cushion, and sleek design. I recommend!
I absolutely LOVE these essential cycling pants. This is the absolute BEST CHAMOIS for females, especially if you are someone who struggles with chafing and soreness. I find that the Machines FF Chamois contains padding that is a little wider/more extended then other brands so it protects more of your skin in the areas that are prone to chafing. Because of this you will never get sore or chafed from long hours in the saddle. I have tried so many saddle & pants combos and these pants have completely solved my problem! Breathable, comfortable, and high quality! I highly recommend these pants.
I’ve worn these on a handful of 10-20 mile rides and a 45-mile ride and they’ve been wonderful to wear each time. On the first ride I was worried the chamois felt a bit too stiff and thick, but it didn’t take much time at all to break it in. I’m 5’4 - roughly 170 pounds and the large fit me well. I’m a bit curvy and the high waist stayed put without much adjustment needed on my end. Also no chafing! So far, so good!
Love it !!
I have already ordered 3 pairs.
You Might Like These
Essential Cycling Short
Logo Bottle Set
The Luxe Cropped Base
Shipping & Returns
Shopping for cycling clothes isn’t easy so we took the risk out of shopping online.
FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING
Get your order within 1-4 business days, even to Hawaii and Alaska.
FREE DOMESTIC RETURNS
Don’t love it? No problem. A pre-paid return label is included in every shipment.
We ship worldwide! Free for orders over $500.