30-Day Road Test Guarantee
Try our bibs for 30 days and if they're rubbing you the wrong way send them back. Each order comes with a pre-paid return label, simply use this label to ship them back for a full refund or exchange for a new size. If you're exchanging your bibs that have been ridden in, please note that the 30-Day Guarantee applies to 1 replacement bib per purchase. If the second pair doesn't work out, they must be in new/unworn condition in order to qualify for a refund. For in-store purchases check with your local dealer for details.
1-Year Crash Replacement Program
Nobody likes the thought of going down on a ride, but if it happens and your kit becomes unridable, we'll replace it up to 1 year from purchase. Email us a picture of your shredded kit, along with your order number, and we'll replace like-for-like goods. Please note, minor bumps and scrapes don't apply. (They just add to your badass credibility!) If you're unsure whether the damage warrants a replacement, shoot us a picture and we can assess the damage.
6-Month Manufacturer's Guarantee
With proper care, our jerseys and bibs can hold up to the most intensive training programs. On the off chance that you notice a manufacturer's defect in your bibs or jersey within 6 months of purchase, send them back for exchange. To arrange shipping, please contact us at email@example.com with your order number and the item(s) that need to be replaced.
Please note that the 30 Day Road Test Guarantee applies to bibs only. Jerseys and Bibs are covered under the 1 Year Crash Replacement and 6 Month Manufacturer's Guarantee. Offer does not apply to accessories. For international exchanges, we ask all customers to return the item at their expense using a local carrier. Items can be returned to us at PO Box 50600, Los Angeles, California 90050. Please be sure to include your order number, name the order was placed under, and a contact email. We recommend insuring and tracking the package as Machines For Freedom is not responsible for lost merchandise. Machines For Freedom will cover the cost to ship you your new items. For International Crash Replacements, the customer will be responsible for the shipping costs of the new item.
THE SHORT THAT SOLD OUT IN 24 HOURS.
So. Many. Firsts. The first cycling short EVER from Machines For Freedom. The first new piece in the Machines’ line to feature our new inclusive size range, extending from X-Small to XXX-Large! The first cycling short truly designed for the long-distance rider.
Many view shorts as the novice kit, a first step on the way to bibs. But our community was saying something different… They aren’t beginners; they’re out there riding centuries and multi-day tours, mile after mile. But they prefer the easy in and out of a short without losing any of the technical benefits of a high-performance bib.
Enter: The Essential Short. Designed for the endurance rider who simply prefers a short. With thoughtful details like a yoga-inspired waistband to eliminate uncomfortable pressure and a seamless silicon leg band so they stay put. The 8.5" Inseam makes for a versatile, mid-thigh fit.
After more than one year of development, we’re confident this is the best cycling short for women. Period.
- The 8.5" Inseam makes for a versatile, mid-thigh fit.
- The Essential Short features the same fan-favorite chamois as Machines’ Endurance Bib. It’s graded for 6+ hours in the saddle, bacteriostatic to inhibit infections, and wide enough for most women’s sit bones.
- The yoga-inspired waistband is revolutionary: compressive enough to stay up without sagging, but soft enough to eliminate elastic bands that dig when in the riding position.
- New seamless leg bands stay put without squeezing.
- Machines’ iconic paneled construction combines style and a flattering sleek silhouette.
- Highest quality European fabric is compressive, moisture-wicking, and silky soft to the touch.
Size & Fit
|WAIST (in)||HIPS (in)|
|XS||23.5 - 25.5||
34 - 36
|S||25.5 - 27.5||
36 - 39
|M||27.5 - 30.5||
39 - 42
|L||30.5 - 33.5||
42 - 45
|XL||33.5 - 36.5||
45 - 48
|XXL||36.5 - 39.5||
48 - 51
|XXXL||39.5 - 42.5||
51 - 54
Notes about fit
- For cycling bibs and shorts, the HIP MEASUREMENT is the most crucial factor.
- Measure around the WIDEST POINT of the hips/bum.
- If you are between sizes or petite (5'3" or under), we recommend SIZING DOWN for a compressive fit.
- A snug fit is crucial to performance.
- Check out our FIT GUIDE for more detailed instructions, or pop your measurements into the fit calculator above for a personalized recommendation! (Please note, the fit guide requires chest, waist and hip measurements.)
- Ultra high density ischiatic inserts will stay comfortable for up to 6 hours in the saddle. Positioning works for all sit bones widths.
- Thermo-molded design makes this chamois look, and feel, less bulky.
- High density ‘pelvic track’ insert shaped for a woman’s anatomy.
- Extremely soft and breathable fabric. Polymide-carbon threading makes the fabric ultra fast drying, bacteriostatic, and reduces heat gain during long hours in the saddle.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
The material is too elastic, and the waist has no waistband.
I would not buy them again.
The padding is fine.
Flattering, comfortable, and stays in place!
Nice and comfy. Excellent for adventuring, especially with a loose flowing top. I tend not to wear them with lycra jerseys as the band can accentuate my tummy a little. Not bad, just not as compressive in that area as bibs obviously. The band rolled down my tummy once riding down a long technical off-road descent, but otherwise haven’t had any issues. Will probably buy more :)
I really want to love the shorts but the waistband (non-waist band?) keeps rolling down. I guess it feels okay while riding when I'm too busy to mess with it, but when off the bike I feel compelled to pull it up.
I was super excited to try the new cycling short since I love all my other MFF gear. I first tried the short during a trainer workout, but found that the top part kept rolling over & bothered me. However, I then tried them on a ride outside & it was fine. The length is a little bit longer than the endurance bibs. Good addition to my collection, but I prefer the endurance bibs & the MVP.
You Might Like These
The Most Versatile Pant
The Summerweight Long Sleeve in Palmera
The Indigo Print
Endurance Bib // Tall
The Summerweight Long Sleeve Cycling Jersey in Desert Bloom
The Florazzo Print
The Summerweight Long Sleeve Cycling Jersey in Jaded Rose
The Fruits Print
Zwift x Machines // The Hive Limited Edition Cycling Jersey
The Pebble Print in Sherbet
The Summerweight Long Sleeve in Moonlight
Build Your Kit: Palmera
Build Your Kit: PEBBLE FAVORITES
Shipping & Returns
Shopping for cycling clothes isn’t easy so we took the risk out of shopping online.
FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING
Get your order within 1-4 business days, even to Hawaii and Alaska.
FREE DOMESTIC RETURNS
Don’t love it? No problem. A pre-paid return label is included in every shipment.
We ship worldwide! Free for orders over $500.