INTRODUCING THE BIPOC FILMMAKER GRANT
Supporting Black, Indigenous and all People of Color to tell their bicycle stories.
We are so honored to partner with Filmed By Bike to sponsor this initiative and support emerging BIPOC filmmakers with cash, mentorship, and the spotlight they deserve.
Shining a light on the experiences of cyclists who are not always celebrated by the cycling industry at large is something that has inspired Machines since our inception. Here's to more representation in the cycling space, the arts, and to creating space for all their stories!
There are many barriers to filmmaking that make it harder for womxn and BIPOC filmmakers to bring their films into the world. For many, funding is the biggest barrier of all. Along with Filmed By Bike, we pledge to do our part to help bring more representation to the world of bike films. We hope you’ll join us by applying for a grant, spreading the word about this program, or making a donation today!
About the BIPOC Grant Program
- Grants of $1,500-$2,000
- There is no fee to apply
- Number of grants awarded will be determined by financial contributions to the BIPOC Grant Program
Fostering New and Emerging Filmmakers
- Experienced and non-experienced filmmakers are welcome to apply for a grant
- Filmmakers have the option of being paired with an advisor for one-on-one support in bringing the film concept to the screen
- Films granted through this program are reviewed by the Filmed by Bike Festival Jury, an annual panel of bike and film lovers
- Final films will be presented in our Annual Filmed by Bike Festival then go on tour around the world!
APPLY FOR A GRANT
- Deadline: December 1, 2020
- Application + Guidelines